The world of nutraceuticals can be rather confusing. Whether you want to take this type of supplement or you want to represent your brand with this type of supplement, you should understand what you’re getting.
These supplements have become rather popular over the last few years. Grand View Research actually has predicted that the nutraceutical market will top $700 billion by 2027. There are many types of these supplements to consider. Let’s look at some of the basic things you should understand about nutraceuticals if you want to take or sell this type of supplement.
What are Nutraceuticals?
Nutraceutical is a term used for a large number of supplements coming from food sources. These supplements offer health benefits you don’t get from other supplements. Some call these non-specific biological therapies, which can help to promote general health and control some symptoms.
Most will say nutraceuticals are supplements with medical properties that can give you incredible effectiveness. More and more people are using these supplements to help protect their health.
How do Nutraceuticals Work?
A plant-based product, nutraceuticals offer medicinal and nutritional properties. They can help to treat chronic illnesses and psychological conditions. These supplements include whole foods, probiotics, vitamins, herbs, minerals, food additives, and phytonutrients. Unlike pharmaceuticals, they are natural and cannot be protected by a patent.
Top Benefits Gained from Using Nutraceuticals
If you decide to take this type of supplement, you can gain many benefits including:
- Better physical health
- Better mental health
- Treatment for illnesses and ailments
- Boost energy levels
- Reduce drug cravings
- Delay aging
- Improve mental clarity
- Increase sleep quality
- Relieve anxiety
- Prevent chronic diseases
- And more!
Some research shows that these supplements can be effective in treating allergies, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s’, cancer, obesity, diabetes, and even some cardiovascular disorders.
A Few Popular Supplements Categorized as Nutraceuticals
Many supplements fall under the category of nutraceuticals. Some of the most common supplements found in this category include:
- Vitamin B12 – A very popular vitamin supplement, vitamin B12 helps to enhance energy levels.
- Glucosamine – This is an amino sugar and provides the body with help building cartilage.
- Green Tea – Taking a green tea extract supplement can help provide antioxidants. It’s a very popular choice for slowing down the aging process.
- Fennel – Known as a culinary herb, fennel is an anti-inflammatory packed with minerals and vitamins. It’s also a natural appetite suppressant.
- CoQ10 – Also called ubiquinone, CoQ10 is an antioxidant produced in the body. It helps with cell growth.
- Turmeric Curcumin – An anti-inflammatory supplement, Turmeric Curcumin is very commonly taken by those struggling with joint issues.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – An indigestion aid offering a boost to your metabolism and energy, apple cider vinegar is very popular.
Nutraceuticals offer a great option if you want a natural product with medicinal values. These are just a few of the many options found in this category. Whether you want to sell these products or take them for your own health, you now have a basic understanding of nutraceuticals.